The Ars Musica Chorale is proud to host the
Encore Young Artist Program
For fifty years, Ars Musica has been committed to providing Northern New Jersey with opportunities to create and hear excellent programs of a wide range of choral music. We are proud to take a bold step in supporting and training the next generation of choral artists by establishing The Encore Young Artist Program. In today’s economic climate, versatility and diverse skills have proved to be invaluable to the success of young artists. We seek to give opportunities to exceptional young musicians to broaden and deepen their musical experiences while gaining important skills for a lifelong career in music.
Who Should Apply?
Recent graduates, current graduate students, and emerging professional musicians are encouraged to apply. Advanced undergraduate students will also be considered.
This is a Resident Artist position. Singers perform duties as section leaders on a weekly basis and in performances as appropriate, in addition to their solo responsibilities for each concert.
Young Artists can expect to receive
- Membership in one of the tristate’s premiere choral ensembles
- Solo opportunities in all season concerts
- Outreach performance opportunities
- Masterclass participation with notable New York & New Jersey singers and conductors
- Scores and Archival recordings for all performances
- Professional development: mentoring, press kit development
- A quarterly stipend
Please check back in Spring 2017 for audition information.